Page Level Ad

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Carl Jung on the Guatamala UFO



To James Kirsch

Dear Kirsch, 29 April 1958

Thank you for your letter and the additional information about the Guatemala Ufo!

I am glad at least to have made an understatement and not the contrary.

(Here I notice that I am quite needlessly answering you in English, due to the fact that by now I have come to speak more English than German.)

0 quae mutatio rerum!

It is characteristic that in your dream it is the Russians who send the Ufos (white discs), for Russia represents the other side which complements the West.

I wish you good luck and patience for your theological talks.

I know only a few theologians who understand the difference between image and original and take it seriously.

Too little humilitas and too much hybris!

And what about the psychologists?

V ae scientibusf

I am getting along fairly well, growing older all the time.

With best regards,

Yours ever,

c. G. J U N G

~Carl Jung, Letters Vol. II, Pages 433-434