Monday, March 13, 2017

Carl Jung and “Journey.” Anthology




We cannot slay death, as we have already taken all life from it. If we still want to overcome death, then we must enliven it.
Therefore on your journey be sure to take golden cups full of the sweet drink of life, red wine, and give it to dead matter,
so that it can win life back. Carl Jung; The Red Book; Liber Primus; Page 244.

As I look into its reflection, the images of Eve, the tree, and the serpent appear to me.

After this I catch sight of Odysseus and his journey on the high seas. Carl Jung, Liber Novus, Page 245.

But on the fourth night I cried, "To journey to Hell means to become Hell oneself. It is all frightfully muddled and interwoven. Carl Jung, Liber Novus, Page 240.

Therefore after his death Christ had to journey to Hell, otherwise the ascent to Heaven would have become impossible for him. Christ first had to become his Antichrist, his under worldly brother. Carl Jung, Liber Novus, Page 244.

He who journeys to Hell also becomes Hell; therefore do not forget from whence you come. Carl Jung, Liber Novus, Page 244.

Who among the living is Christ and journeys to Hell in living flesh? Carl Jung, Liber Novus, Page 300.

I hold together what Christ has kept apart in himself and through his example in others, since the more the one half of my being strives toward the good, the more the other half journeys to Hell. Carl Jung, Liber Novus, Page 315.

I hold together what Christ has kept apart in himself and through his example in others, since the more the one half of my being strives toward the good, the more the other half journeys to Hell. Carl Jung, Liber Novus, Pages 314.

You announced yourself to me in advance in dreams.

They burned in my heart and drove me to all the boldest acts of daring, and forced me to rise above myself. You let me see truths of which I had no previous inkling.

You let me undertake journeys, whose endless length would have scared me, if the knowledge of them had not been secure in you. Carl Jung, Liber Novus, Page 233.

These things are then lost to consciousness, and must be found again in the course of life, at the cost of infinite effort, if God is kind enough to send us a neurosis (that special gift of grace) to accompany us on life’s journey. Carl Jung, ETH, Lecture XIV, Page 119.

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” Lao-tzu.

Note: Although this is the popular form of this quotation, a more correct translation from the original Chinese would be "The journey of a thousand miles begins beneath one’s feet." Rather than emphasizing the first step, Lau Tzu regarded action as something that arises naturally from stillness. Another potential phrasing would be "Even the longest journey must begin where you stand." [note by Michael Moncur, September 01, 2004]

No comments:

Post a Comment