Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Carl Jung: Fear not, I have not stripped you bare!




To J. Wilhelm Hauer

Dear Professor Hauer, 10 March 1936

By the same post I am sending you my little essay "Wotan."

Fear not, I have not stripped you bare!

I have only used your public figure to illustrate the nature of Ergriffenheit.

I have no desire to

stab anyone in the back.

But as a German you must put up with serving as a model of the German.

I have sincerely regretted that it was not possible for you to come here for your lecture.

We would have been able to talk about many things that cannot be dealt with by correspondence or by writing articles.

But I think I have honestly taken pains to understand the German phenomenon from outside, at least so far as this is possible for anyone who has experienced the same thing though in quite a different way.

With cordial regards,

Yours ever,

C.G. Jung ~Carl Jung, Letters Vol. I, Pages 211-212


No comments:

Post a Comment