Monday, April 9, 2018

Carl Jung: We were armed and lurked beside a narrow rocky path to murder him.




“I was with a youth in high mountains.

It was before daybreak, the Eastern sky was already light.

Then Siegfried’s horn resounded over the mountains with a jubilant sound. We knew that our mortal enemy was coming.

We were armed and lurked beside a narrow rocky path to murder him.

Then we saw him coming high across the mountains on a chariot made of the bones of the dead.

He drove boldly and magnificently over the steep rocks and arrived at the narrow path where we waited in hiding.

As he came around the turn ahead of us, we fired at the same time and he fell slain. Thereupon I turned to flee, and a terrible rain swept down.

But after this I went through a torment unto death and I felt certain that I must kill myself, if I could not solve the riddle of the murder of the hero” Carl Jung, Liber Primus, chapter 7, “Murder of the Hero,” Pages 241–242.


In Liber Novus, Jung wrote that Siegfried “had everything in himself that I treasured as the greater and more beautiful; he was my power, my boldness, my pride” Carl Jung, Liber Novus, Page 242.

“The rain is the great stream of tears that will come over the peoples, the tearful flood of released tension af- ter the constriction of death had encumbered the peoples with horrific force.

It is the mourning of the dead in me, which precedes burial and rebirth.

The rain is the fructifying of the earth, it begets the new wheat, the young, germinating God” Carl Jung, Liber Novus, Page 242.

I had killed my intellect, helped on to the deed by a personification of the collective unconscious, the little brown man with me. Carl Jung, 1925 Seminar, Page 62.

No comments:

Post a Comment