Saturday, March 18, 2017

Carl Jung: She is odd and has a knot in the unconscious that sets up a vibration.



Dear Frau Jacobi, 20 November 1928

This letter will not give you the same pleasure as I received when I read yours with the clipping.

I congratulate you on the fluency of your pen!

The purpose of my reappearance today is a letter-I have it before me-from a pitiable female, obviously physically and psychically in black misery, a derelict from the deluge of 1914, unknown to me, filling me with pity yet not with hope-forgive me, I have written to tell her that perhaps you can give her advice!

Foreigners aren't allowed jobs in Switzerland, so I can do nothing.

She is odd and has a knot in the unconscious that sets up a vibration.

I am mildly curious.

One should never be curious with women.

But please do take a look at her.

Perhaps she will write to you. (She knows nothing of this letter.)

Please forgive me this imposition.

It's not what I usually do.

Cordial greetings to Herr v. Trentini,1 whom I congratulate on his 50th birthday.

On my 50th birthday there was a beautiful sunset, the waterfowl called to one another, a chill night wind came down from the mountains, and I drank an extra bottle of wine and smoked a birthday cigar.

I also got a letter from one of my friends, who said: they really ought to bring out a Festschrift on this occasion.

I found that touching.

With very best regards,

Yours sincerely,

C.G. Jung ~Carl Jung, Letters Vol. I, Page 55

No comments:

Post a Comment