Sunday, June 25, 2017

Carl Jung on "Pipes" - Anthology

<
div dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on">


Until now I have smoked 1 pipe with water condensation on beginning work in the morning, a miniature cigar after lunch, equal to 1-2 cigarettes, another pipe at 4 o'clock, after supper another little cigar, and generally another pipe about 9:30. ~Carl Jung, Letters Vol. II, Page 103.

For a time I faithfully observed the rigorous rules of abstinence until my impatience drove me again to a few pipes . Of the 2 evils the pipe seems to me the lesser. Everything went very well from the moment I gave up the digitalis . . ~Carl Jung, Letters Vol. II, Page 105

Although I have never made a statistique of this kind I have always been impressed by the fact that pipe-smokers are usually introverted. ~Carl Jung, Letters Vol. II, Pages 564-565

The typical extravert is too much of a busybody to bother and fuss with the pipe which demands infinitely more nursing than a cigarette that can be lighted or thrown away in a second. ~Carl Jung, Letters Vol. II, Pages, 564-565

That does not prevent me from having found heavy cigarette-smokers among my introverts and not a few pipe-smokers among the extraverts, but normally with empty pipes. ~Carl Jung, Letters Vol. II, Pages 564-565

No comments:

Post a Comment