Saturday, June 24, 2017

Carl Jung: The symbol of the crystal signifies the unalterable law of events that comes of itself.



The symbol of the crystal signifies the unalterable law of events that comes of itself.

In this seed you grasp what is to come.

I saw something terrible and incomprehensible. (It was on the night of Christmas day of the year 1913.)

I saw the peasant’s boot, the sign of the horrors of the peasant war, of murdering incendiaries and of bloody cruelty: I knew to interpret this sign for myself as nothing but the fact that something bloody and dreadful lay before us.

I saw the foot of a giant that crushed a whole city: How could I interpret this sign otherwise?

I saw that the way to self-sacrifice began here.

They will all become terribly enraptured by these tremendous experiences, and in their blindness will want to understand them as outer events.

It is an inner happening; that is the way to the perfection of the mystery of Christ, so that the peoples learn self-sacrifice. ~Carl Jung, Red Book, Page 254



No comments:

Post a Comment