Thursday, May 11, 2017

Carl Jung: You deceive yourself mightily if you think we are going to let you off coming to Innsbruck or Salzburg!




Dear Professor Freud, 16 December 1907

You deceive yourself mightily if you think we are going to let you off coming to Innsbruck or Salzburg!

On the contrary, we hope and expect to meet under your chairmanship.

It is proposed that the Congress be held after the Congress of Psychologists in Frankfurt,' i.e., after April 20.

(Unfortunately I cannot remember the exact date at the moment.)

I hope this time won't be too inconvenient for you.

To make attendance easier, it would be best if the meeting were limited to one evening and one day, so that all participants, even those from the most distant places, would not have to be away from their work for more than three days.

As soon as you let me know whether this arrangement suits you, I shall submit definite proposals to the prospective participants.

I am presently negotiating the founding of a journal for which I want to ensure a wide distribution.

It is to be international, since we must emancipate ourselves as much as possible from the German market.

I'll tell you about it as soon as I have definite results in hand.

Claparede will hold himself in reserve for some time yet as he has no material; he is actually a psychologist.

His benevolent neutrality is assured.

Please excuse the brevity of this letter.

I am very busy.

Most sincerely yours,

JUNG ~Carl Jung, Freud/Jung Letters, Vol. 1, Pages 103-104

No comments:

Post a Comment